[Acmsmajors] Graduate School CAIR Student Position available (fwd)
miller at math.washington.edu
Tue Jan 3 12:14:06 PST 2006
STUDENT ASSISTANT POSITION AVAILABLE
A student assistant position is available in the Graduate School Computing and Information Resources Division for Winter Quarter, 2006. Extension of the appointment through Summer Quarter 2006 is possible.
This 19.5 hour/week position is open only to registered undergraduate and graduate students, who must be concurrently enrolled. Hourly pay amount depends on level of experience.
Duties will include:
* Development and maintenance of the Graduate School's web site
* Coordinating web content updates with staff content providers
* Developing and producing reports for print and the web using Adobe Acrobat and other tools
* Web usability and testing
* Forwarding and responding to technical support requests
* Limited desktop computer support
* Work experience maintaining web sites
* Demonstrated ability to produce usable, accessible, and graphically pleasing web sites
* User support and training experience, particularly for Web content contributors
* Work experience with Microsoft Office (particularly Word and Excel) and Adobe Acrobat
* Demonstrated excellent oral and written communications skills
* Graphics design ability and experience (highly desired)
* Proficiency with graphics design software (i.e. Photoshop)
* Experience with information architectures, Web navigation structures
* Experience/coursework in Web usability and/or user interface design
* Technical report writing/editing experience
* Experience with Microsoft Front Page
* Experience with Microsoft Access
* Desktop application user support experience
* Web testing for functionality and usability
Deadline for receipt of applications is January 13, 2006.
To apply, please submit the following via email to cairjobs at grad.washington.edu :
1. Cover letter (please address your specific experience concerning the required and desired skills listed above)
3. Three personal references (prior employers are preferred)
4. A link or links to a web site or sites with examples of your work.
If you have these materials on a web site, please supply the URL instead of submitting documents. If you have any questions about the position, please send an email to the above address.
More information about the Acmsmajors