[Alpine-info] S/MIME encrypted and signed message bug (was: top
unrtst at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 20:40:23 PST 2011
Replying to myself...
On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 7:18 PM, Joshua Miller <unrtst at gmail.com> wrote:
> Next step - I'm hoping someone can make sense of the above and provide
> a correct fix. I think this determined what the problem is... I'm just
> now sure where the fix needs go to (though I'm hopeful it's just a few
> lines to fix it).
I kept digging, and I think I found the correct fix.
I've created a patch on sourceforce (patch# 3201704):
Patch is also attached.
(sorry, I meant to create a bug, had it all typed up, pasted to wrong
"Add new" thing, and made a patch instead).
Please see the link for the patch for more info. It's a simple patch
(remove 3 lines of code, add 1 + comments), and it works in all my
testing. I did include a warning in the comment that it could break
handling of signed or encrypted parts that are buried in a multi-part
message.. but signed+encrypted is already broken, and this fixes that
(which I believe is more common). It should not cause any
security/memory issues, so I think it's worthy of inclusion (unless
someone comes up with a better fix).
I'll be running my patched copy from now until it's fixed in the release :-)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 1836 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://mailman2.u.washington.edu/pipermail/alpine-info/attachments/20110306/274a8428/re-alpine-2.01.smime-signandencrypt.bin
More information about the Alpine-info