[Englmajors] Summer Internship at Sacred Heart Shelter
swayze at u.washington.edu
Mon Mar 23 10:00:05 PDT 2009
If you're interested in this internship, please use the contact
Sacred Heart Shelter is looking for one or two Summer Interns. This
position can be used for internship credit, a program's service learning
requirement, or a volunteer/career opportunity. This position is unpaid
but has the potential to turn into a paid on call position at the shelter
after the internship hours are finished.
Length of time: Negotiable (preference is the beginning of June - end of
August but depending on interest we can work to accommodate the
Hours: 8-16 hours per week (can be flexible depending on applicant's
Supervision: Able to provide weekly supervision and meet any requirements
of an independent study or internship program. Supervision from an MSW
Duties include but are not limited to:
1. Work to foster an attitude of support and safety for program participants.
2. Communicate and enforce program policies and procedures.
3. Screen and admit participants to the program.
4. Help to maintain cleanliness and order in all shelter areas.
5. Maintain detailed daily logs.
6. Work within the mission, goals and objectives of the Archdiocesan Housing
Authority and Catholic Community Services and Sacred Heart Shelter.
7. Foster an environment which honors and supports diversity and commit to
treating others with dignity and respect.
8. Greet volunteers and make them feel welcome; provide what is needed to do
Sacred Heart Shelter is a three month long emergency shelter for 6
families and 6 single women. Our mission is to empower residents in their
efforts to stabilize their lives, connect to resources in the community,
and achieve secure housing. We work from a client-centered and strength
based approach and strive to see every homeless single woman and family
make the transition to stable housing, equipped with the skills and
resources to sustain it.
Feel free to contact with any questions. If interested please send a
resume and cover letter to:
Elissa Knight, MSW
elissak at shshelter.org <mailto:elissak at shshelter.org>
Sacred Heart Shelter
elissak at shshelter.org
More information about the Englmajors