[Englmajors] Part Time English Tutor Needed (fwd)
UW English Advising
engladv at uw.edu
Fri Mar 23 15:17:19 PDT 2012
We are looking for a couple part time English tutoring positions opening up
in the next month. Would you please post the following job ad to the English
mailing list at your earliest convenience?
Thank you very much for your help!
NEED A PART-TIME TUTORING JOB?
Immediate Position Opening: English
Work Schedule: After school hours (4 PM to 8 PM) on weekdays
and 9 AM to 4 PM on weekends; Flexible
days and hours
Job Location: Tutoring centers in 9 locations: Bellevue,
Bothell, Issaquah, Lynnwood, Northgate, Redmond, Renton, Seattle and
* Tutors students in English up to grade 11 level.
* Presents lessons to students in the areas of reading, writing,
grammar and vocabulary. (We have the teaching materials).
* Grades homework assignments, tests and essays.
* Maintains student progress records.
* Performs related duties as assigned.
* Third or fourth year college student majoring in English,
Education or related field.
* Knowledge of correct grammar, spelling and English usage.
* Ability to follow instructions and work as a team member.
* Ability to work independently and teach the class on his/her own.
* Ability to deal with students in a caring and confident manner.
* Experience in a tutorial program preferred (not required because
we will train).
* Special consideration for those who want to be teachers.
* Email resume and letter of interest to
career at bestinclasseducation.com.
* Staring paid at $10.00 to $12.00 an hour (depending on
* Open until filled. Training will start immediately.
More information about the Englmajors