[Englmajors] Business development intern with Grist Magazine
swayze at uw.edu
Thu Mar 29 13:04:13 PDT 2012
Are you interested in a career in online advertising or media? Do
environmental issues and sustainability fire you up? Do you update
Facebook before you eat your Frosted Flakes? Grist needs an analytical,
tech-savvy, energetic and web-obsessed intern, so if you said yes to all
those questions, you oughta keep reading!
Grist is the nation's leading green news site, and we have ambitious
goals for increasing our traffic and advertising sales in 2011 and
beyond. To help us get there, we are seeking an individual who wants to
build strong online advertising and media sponsorship skills in a
dynamic and fun environment. This internship will include hands-on,
learning opportunities as a member of a small team and requires
attention to detail, analytical skills, and top-notch communication and
interpersonal skills. And a sense of humor doesn't hurt!
*Internship Description & Responsibilities:*
The primary purpose of this role is to learn about and support the
Business Development and Earned Income operations at Grist. As an
Intern, you will:
* Help execute online campaigns, promotional contests and offline events
* Create a variety of reports for the Business Development team, such
as campaign performance and delivery
* Develop and execute lead generation and competitive analysis on an
on-going basis, which includes:
o Tracking and monitoring our competition (blogs, traditional
o Performing a comprehensive assessment of 'greenspace' using
online research tools (Google, Comscore, Alexa)
o Maintaining and updating records of advertising on core
* Help with reader outreach and research
* Write sample copy as needed for promotions
* Assist with cross functional projects and ad trafficking as needed
* 3+ years college, a focus on environmental issues, marketing
communications, advertising, or PR a plus
* Exceptional communication and creative problem-solving skills.
* An interest in (and preferably experience with) online media, social
networking tools, and the environment.
* The ability to work independently and in cross-functional teams, and
to juggle many different responsibilities.
* Expertise in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Google Analytics and/or
other analytical tools.
* Experience managing projects and delivering on a deadline
This is a 6-12 month part-time (3-4 days/week) internship and includes a
semi-monthly stipend. Grist offers a delightful learning environment and
the opportunity to be part of a unique online magazine with a mission.
Grist shapes the country's environmental conversations, making green
second nature for our monthly audience of 800,000. We reach the next
generation by cutting through the noise to connect big issues like
climate change to daily life, and by spotlighting the people and ideas
that are leading us to a more sustainable future. Founded in 1999, Grist
partners with major media and our work has been featured in the likes of
/The New York Times, Vanity Fair/, and on NBC's /Today/; big guns such
as Time have ranked us as a top green website. Why? Because planetary
problems we take seriously -- ourselves, not so much.
*How To Apply*
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Letmeintern at grist.org
<mailto:Letmeintern at grist.org> with "Business Development Intern" in the
subject line. We are looking for a thoughtful, personalized cover letter
that demonstrates your qualifications and writing style. No phone calls,
please. Grist is an equal-opportunity employer.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Englmajors