[J-Info] Job opening for J-E bilingual
Amy Snyder Ohta
aohta at u.washington.edu
Tue Mar 23 13:30:04 PDT 2010
FYI: For information on this or other J-E bilingual job openings listed with the same personnel agency, contact: Monika Pabon <monika at averro.com> (cc'd). As always, I am not making a recommendation, simply forwarding information.
Job Description for Japanese Customer Support Rep:
Seeking Position: English – Japanese bilingual IT Customer support (MUST
SPEAK JAPANESE FLUENTLY)
A leading Web and Internet Services company located on the Eastside is
looking for that perfect team player, to help support their valuable
customers with their IT needs. If you are fluent in English and Japanese,
enjoy helping people, and are confident in providing solutions on a timely
basis, then we would love to talk with you!
· Take phone calls and receive emails in both English and Japanese
from customers, and provide confident, accurate solutions to user
requests on a timely basis
· Repair Windows-based end-user computers (XP – Windows 7)
· Visit customers for maintenance and on-the-spot onsite
· Take ownership of in-depth issues and troubleshoot as needed
· Take ownership of long-term or special projects
· Effectively document all requests and resolutions
· Work with other departments to solve problems and satisfy client
· Educate and explain features and functionality to customers
· Contribute to knowledge sharing and actively participate in
· Customer service experience with fluency in English and Japanese
· Excellent communication skills in English and Japanese to
communicate in a professional, polite and articulate manner
both verbally and in writing, with both unskilled and highly-skilled
· Ability to walk clients through a solution in such a way that builds
their confidence in using the system
· Technical aptitude and ability to quickly learn new technology
· A+ certification is a must
· Knowledgeable in configuring the following environments are plus:
Windows 2000, 2003, 2008 server
Windows 2003 -2008 SBS server
Windows Exchange server
Linux Apache basic command operation
· Knowledge about networking/internet protocols, TCP/IP is a plus
- Cisco switch/router experience is a plus.
- Configuration of firewall and VPN is a plus.
· Knowledge about MySQL database is a plus.
· Knowledge about HTML/PHP is a plus.
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a
· Ability to collaborate as a productive and active team member
· Demonstrated ability to work independently with little direct
More information about the J-Info