[linux] RHEL5/rhnsat yum update problem
cwhip at amath.washington.edu
Thu Oct 23 16:28:36 PDT 2008
I'm having a problem with installing Sun Java packages on a RHEL 5/x86_64
box from rhnsat. I'm wondering if someone else with a RHEL5/x86_64/rhnsat
box could try installing java-1.6.0-sun-plugin or java-1.6.0-sun-jdbc
* The Sun Java packages are in repository "rhel-x86_64-client-supplementary-5"
* when installing either java-1.6.0-sun-plugin or java-1.6.0-sun-jdbc,
yum balks because the "filelists.xml.gz" for the "rhel-x86_64-client-5"
repository seems to be corrupted. I'm guessing that yum is looking there
in an attempt to resolve dependencies for these packages.
* yum deplist on the affected packages fails similarly
* Other packages from "rhel-x86_64-client-supplementary-5" - like, for example:
java-1.6.0-sun java-1.6.0-sun-demo java-1.6.0-sun-devel system-switch-java
install fine. Some of them also have dependencies in rhel-x86_64-client-5
for instance, java-1.6.0-sun depends on libXp from there. yum deplist works
* installing packages from "rhel-x86_64-client-5" seems to work, too.
* The limited information I have about filelists.xml.gz corruption suggests
it needs to be fixed at the repo - presumably rhnsat
Can anyone duplicate this behavior? I'm seeing it on two machines, but they're
from the same kickstart file and so may conceivably both be broken.
Here's the console output:
# yum install java-1.6.0-sun-jdbc java-1.6.0-sun-plugin
Loading "security" plugin
Loading "rhnplugin" plugin
rhn-tools-rhel-x86_64-cli 100% |=========================| 1.2 kB 00:00
rhel-x86_64-client-workst 100% |=========================| 1.2 kB 00:00
rhel-x86_64-client-5 100% |=========================| 1.2 kB 00:00
rhel-x86_64-client-supple 100% |=========================| 1.2 kB 00:00
Setting up Install Process
Parsing package install arguments
--> Running transaction check
---> Package java-1.6.0-sun-jdbc.x86_64 1:188.8.131.52-1jpp.1.el5 set to be updated
filelists.xml.gz 100% |=========================| 8.5 MB 00:01
Error: failed to retrieve repodata/filelists.xml.gz from rhel-x86_64-client-5
error was [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
Chris Whip - Software Engineer, Applied Math, University of Washington
(206) 616-9359 - cwhip at amath.washington.edu - Guggenheim 418B
More information about the Linux