library at herbsociety.org
Wed Oct 13 06:10:59 PDT 2004
Current Mission Statement:
The Herb Society of America is dedicated to promoting the knowledge, use and
delight of herbs through educational programs, research, and sharing the
experience of its members with the community.
(From collection development policy)
The library is a service organization that reflects and advances the mission
of the Herb Society of America by:
· Providing broad access to herbal information in all formats.
· Collecting and preserving quality works [of herbal interest] and managing
electronic gateways to information on these subjects available elsewhere.
· Preserving and securing rare and unique materials of historical importance
in these subjects.
· Meeting the research and programmatic requirements of the Herb Society of
· Supporting educational and research needs of the broader gardening,
horticultural and botanical community.
· Educating library users in retrieval and management of information.
Christine Liebson, MLIS
The Herb Society of America
9019 Kirtland Chardon Rd.
Kirtland, OH 44094
e-mail: library at herbsociety.org
----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Moritz" <tmoritz at amnh.org>
To: "SLA Natural History Caucus" <nhc at u.washington.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 3:04 PM
Subject: Help needed...?
> Lazy man's request (for a report currently in draft)...
> I would like to receive, from natural history institutions (including
> museums, gardens, aquaria, zoos, arboreta...)
> 1) copies of your original "mission statement" -- as perhaps occurring in
> charter or other founding document?
> 2) copies of your most current mission statement
> 3) any other formal institutional policies that may relate to
> of scientific information as a part of the institutional mission
> Thanks for any assistance...
> Tom Moritz
More information about the Nhc