kbachman at nmsu.edu
Fri Jun 2 13:19:28 PDT 2000
---Seeking farmers market produce flyers---
In New Mexico, our county extension agents receive numerous requests from
agencies and individuals for information about how to use produce,
particularly produce purchased at farmers markets. Until now, counties have
put together their own fact sheets.
We are considering creating a series of statewide flyers in English and
Spanish. Each one would highlight a different vegetable or fruit.
Before continuing, we would like to know what others have done:
* Do you have a series of flyers that is available for purchase or use by
* Do you know of any free produce flyers available to download from the web?
* What size and format have you found to be most successful?
* How did you decide what vegetables and fruits to feature? (Availability?
Cost? Nutritional value? Popularity?)
* What do you include on your flyers? (Selection tips? Storage tips?
Recipes? Nutritional information?)
Please respond directly to me, and I will compile answers and post to the
list. Thanks in advance!
Program Coordinator, Food Stamp Nutrition Education Program
New Mexico State University Cooperative Extension Service
Box 30003, Department 3AE
Las Cruces, NM 88003
(505) 646-2009 phone
(505) 646-5263 fax
kbachman at nmsu.edu e-mail
More information about the PHNUTR-L