[PNWHEALTH] JOB Announcement: Health Promotions Materials
Deanne.Boisvert at METROKC.GOV
Thu Jun 23 16:02:52 PDT 2005
Health Program Assistant II
(Health Promotion Materials Coordinator)
PUBLIC HEALTH- SEATTLE & KING COUNTY
Community Health Services/Parent Child Health Section/CHILD Profile
Hourly Rate Range $18.56 - $23.52 (2004 Rates)
Job Announcement No: 05RL5285
OPEN: 6/27/05 CLOSE: 7/5/05
WHO MAY APPLY: This career service position is open to all qualified
WHERE TO APPLY: Required forms and materials must be sent to: Employment
Services, 999 3rd Avenue, Suite 600, Seattle, WA 98104 or faxed to (206)
205-5430. Applications materials must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the
closing date. (Postmarks are NOT ACCEPTED.) Contact Denise Farrand, CHILD
Profile Health Promotion Manager, at denise.farrand at metrokc.gov for further
inquiries. PLEASE NOTE: Applications not received at the location
specified above may not be processed.
FORMS AND MATERIALS REQUIRED: A King County application form, data sheet,
resume and letter of interest detailing your background and describing how
you meet or exceed the requirements are required.
WORK LOCATION: Wells Fargo Center, 999 3rd Avenue, 9th floor, Seattle.
WORK SCHEDULE: This position is overtime eligible. It works a 40 hour work
week; Monday through Friday. Occasional evenings and weekends may be
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE: CHILD Profile is Washington State's health
promotion and immunization registry system, operated under contract with the
State Department of Health. Through CHILD Profile, more than 85% of
Washington parents of children under age 6 receive a series of age-specific
mailings reminding them of necessary immunizations and well-child visits,
along with other parenting information. This position performs analytical,
planning and high-level coordination work for this large statewide program.
Specific duties include:
* Materials Development Committee Chair: Chair interagency committee
of public health professionals of various disciplines to facilitate the
development and annual revision of 45+ individual health promotion
materials. Coordinate review of all materials by teams of parent and
professional reviewers, ensuring input is considered.
* Printing Coordinator: Oversee the printing of over 100 separate
materials each year, including determining print quantities, proofing, and
troubleshooting with multiple contracted printing vendors. Develop, monitor,
and implement vendor contracts. Provide final authorization for all aspects
of materials production including color, format, and quality. Coordinate
yearly print quantities with yearly revision process schedule so that
materials are revised and reprinted before the current stock runs out.
* Materials Dissemination Coordinator: Liaison with contracted mail
vendor, warehouse, and postal service to ensure accurate and timely
dissemination of over 1.2 million mailings annually to Washington parents.
* Materials Oversight Committee Member: Participate in program's
steering committee, conduct analysis using expertise on printing, assembly
and postage to make recommendations regarding content, logistics, and
cost-effectiveness of current and potential enhanced mailings. Draft
reports, conduct analysis and implement special projects as needed.
Monitor, project, and oversee budget expenditures.
* Demonstrated problem solving skills
* Ability to effectively communicate - orally and in writing
* Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail, and
* Analytical and interpretive skills
* Experience facilitating meetings/groups
* Demonstrated ability in coordinating multi-agency partnerships
* Skill in prioritizing work in order to meet strict deadlines
* Proficiency in math and basic accounting procedures
* Proficiency in using Excel, Outlook, and Word
* Proofreading and editing skills
* Demonstrated ability in developing/maintaining complex tracking
* Demonstrated ability in monitoring and projecting budgeted
* Must be self-directed and have the demonstrated ability to work
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
* Experience overseeing contracts and working with contracted vendors
* Two years experience in program coordination work, including
analysis and planning
* Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university
* Knowledge of and/or experience working with printing and assembly
* Knowledge of mailing procedures and U.S. Post Office regulations,
esp. regarding bulk mail
* Knowledge of the CHILD Profile program, especially the health
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
* The selected candidate must pass a thorough background
* Employees are required to protect the privacy and security of
protected health information as defined in State and Federal Law.
* Employees are required to adhere to OSHA/WISHA guidelines including
but not limited to completing their mandatory trainings on time.
* Must be able to travel within King County to locations that may have
limited access to public transportation
UNION MEMBERSHIP: Local 17
CLASS CODE: 8357 SEQUENCE NUMBER: 1076
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the PNWHEALTH