[PNWHEALTH] CIS Information Specialist Position Opening
Briant, Katherine J
kbriant at fhcrc.org
Fri Mar 11 13:59:02 PST 2005
Job Title: CIS Information Specialist
Provide cancer-related and tobacco cessation information to patients,
general public and health professionals through telephone and live chat
channels via the National Cancer Institute's (NCI) Cancer Information
Service (CIS). The incumbent works under the direction of the Contact Center
Manager, Assistant Manager and Supervisors.
May perform some or all of the following responsibilities:
* Respond to requests for cancer-related and/or tobacco cessation
information received by phone or Instant Messaging.
* Identify the needs of callers/users through needs assessment and
establish good rapport in order to facilitate communication.
* Use NCI and NCI-approved resources and referrals to answer
callers'/users' questions. Resources are accessed through the CIS intra-net,
the NCI's Cancer.gov website or medical textbooks.
* Interpret and articulate complex concepts in a conversational
manner, for callers of diverse backgrounds, cognitive abilities and
* Discuss tobacco cessation strategies with people who want to quit
* Conduct computer searches of the NCI's clinical trials database to
provide callers/users with appropriate clinical trial information.
* Actively participate in a variety of continuing education events and
programs, which are designed to improve the staff's skills and cancer
* Conduct and implement research protocols as needed. May include
proactively delivering health messages or implementing motivational
interviewing techniques as required by research projects.
* Adhere to strict policies, procedures and quality assurance
* Accept regular internal monitoring and feedback of calls and/or
review of transcripts of instant messaging sessions.
* Participate in continuous quality improvement efforts, which
includes taping of calls by the national project office.
* Perform other responsibilities as required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Bilingual Spanish skills are desirable
* Ability to use effective judgment and sensitivity.
* Experience working with a broad range of people.
* Demonstrated success as a team player.
* Highly skilled in navigating complex websites
* Excellent attendance and dependability
* Ability to work until 8pm at least one evening per week
* Ability to operate within mandated guidelines
* Ability to accept and integrate feedback to ensure continuous
Business Title: Contact Specialist
Job Type: 100% Time position
Job Category: Administrative
Compensation: $2,711 to $3,094 per month DOE+ excellent benefits
OPENING DATE: March 3, 2005
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
To apply: Apply on-line by visiting
http://www.fhcrc.org/admin/hr/jobbullet/. You may also Fax or Mail your
information as well, and of course you may apply in person. The address for
this position is: #JS-016089, Human Resources, Fred Hutchinson Cancer
Research Center, 823 Yale Ave N. (J1-105), Seattle, WA 98109. Office hours:
Monday - Friday, 8:30 - 5:00.
Fax: (206) 667-4051.
Phone Number: (206) 667-4700
TTY: (206) 667-6861 - for deaf and hard of hearing callers
Web Site: www.fhcrc.org
The Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and The Seattle Cancer Care
Alliance are equal opportunity employers, committed to workforce diversity.
More information about the PNWHEALTH