[PNWHEALTH] PNW SOPHE Newsletter revival
larsson at u.washington.edu
Mon Mar 21 17:05:18 PST 2005
I'm acting PNW SOPHE Newsletter editor until we can find someone
who wants to have fun with me pulling together what I hope will
be a quarterly newsletter. I'm trying for an *April 21* deadline
for sending out the Spring issue - one month from today. Content
deadline is **April 15**.
I need your help, though. As you can tell from my sig file, I'm
not a health educator. I see your work as critical to the health
of the country, however, and am willing to put my time into
helping with your work. But, I do need some help.
I've laid out an outline (always a good first start don't you
think?) and have started pulling together information I think
would be useful to you.
What I need from you is *5 minutes* of your time now and then to
send me tidbits that YOU think would be useful for your
colleagues to see that they might not see otherwise. I will pull
those together and put them out as a newsletter for everyone on
the list to read in a more or less organized fashion. Please
indicate they are for the Newsletter.
So, here's what I need from you - but you can only spend 5
minutes (at a time) working on any/all of these. Five minutes
isn't much time and can make a real professional difference to
the rest of us.
* Recent articles you've written or identified as being useful in
your work. Or, books of interest (even if you thing EVERYONE has
already read them). Think boundary topics, too, books or articles
that aren't quite health education/promotion but are important.
* Events you know about or are planning, for the Calendar of
* Transitions - i.e., job changes, a move from work to
retirement, additions to the family, other changes. This section
is about YOU. Let your colleagues know what you are up to. Boast
a little. You deserve to get kudos and recognition from the rest
* Web sites you have bookmarked and adore and return to over and
over again. If you can't send me anything but a URL, I will
accept that. Of course, knowing why you find a site useful would
help me out.
* Computer literacy/informatics tips
* Short articles on relevant topics that *you've* had bottled up
inside you with no place to publish them. I'm a great editor. I
accept everything! And will work with you if you just have an idea.
* Anything else you find interesting professionally
Why should you do this?
1. Because you care enough to send the very best!
2. Because you're overworked and need a time out/break (even if
it is only 5 minutes).
3. Because you're a colleague and colleagues help each other.
4. Because you're also a professional with knowledge that begs to
5. Because I'm asking.
6. Because you will gain new knowledge from sharing.
7. Because sharing is fun.
8. Because I'm likely to nag (oops, maybe I shouldn't have said
So, between now and say **April 15**, send me lots and lots of
infogoodies. I would love to be overwhelmed. My email is:
larsson at u.washington.edu.
Laura (partner with a librarian today) Larsson
Keep well and connected,
Information Content Manager
Digital Assets Manager
Online Learning Developer
Information Appliance/PDA Trainer
Health Services, SPHCM
University of Washington
larsson at u.washington.edu
List Manager: PHNUTR-L, PHSW, PHNURSES, PNWHEALTH, HSR-L,
BIRTH23MH, PH-INFO, BRIGHTFUTURES-WA
PDA Owner: iPaq 3850, Tungston T plus 3 older Palm OS models
PH Weblog: http://depts.washington.edu/hswork/phblog/phblog.html
"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot
read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and
relearn." Alvin Toffler
More information about the PNWHEALTH