[PNWHEALTH] FW: NCI Launches New Spanish Language Website, Cancer.gov en español!
margo at pnwhealth.com
Mon Apr 2 18:08:55 PDT 2007
Exciting news from NCI. See below. Margo
The most reliable, up-to-date information about cancer is now available in
Spanish! The National Cancer Institute (NCI) is pleased to announce the
launch of our new Spanish Web site, Cancer.gov en español.
NCI, the Federal government's premiere cancer research institute, is
committed to reducing cancer health disparities by making cancer information
readily available to underserved populations. The Web site features themes
of prevention, detection, treatment, and survivorship.
Highlights of the Web site include:
* Information organized by types of cancer
* Myths and beliefs
* Support and resources in your community
* Dictionary of cancer terms
For information about these topics and more, visit
. Or call NCI's Cancer Information Service at 1-800-4-CANCER
(1-800-422-6237). Cancer information specialists answer calls in Spanish or
Spread the word! Here's what you can do:
* Link to our new Spanish Web site from your organization's Web site
* Feature Cancer.gov en español in newsletters and listservs
* Promote Cancer.gov en español to organization members, community
partners, and the public
* Share this important informational resource with colleagues, family,
Contact us at ncioc at mail.nih.gov <mailto:ncioc at mail.nih.gov> to learn
about promotional materials available to your organization.
Visit us today!
Nina Ghanem, M.Ed., CHES
Public Affairs Branch
National Cancer Institute
31 Center Drive
Rm. 10A18 MSC 2580
Bethesda, MD 20892-2580
More information about the PNWHEALTH