[pubcookie-dev] my redhat9, apache2, mod_pubcookie experiment:seg
willey at cac.washington.edu
Wed Jul 16 11:49:27 PDT 2003
As an aside from the debugging, this might be a good time to drop the
'directory as AppId thing' it frequently causes confusion and excessive
trips to the weblogin server. It was added for webservers that supported
lots of small apps unevenly distributed across it's tree of directories.
Perhaps it should be left in as an optional feature but not be the default
From: pubcookie-dev-bounces at mailman.u.washington.edu
[mailto:pubcookie-dev-bounces at mailman.u.washington.edu] On Behalf Of Lars
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 03:53
To: Nathan Dors
Cc: Pubcookie Developers
Subject: Re: [pubcookie-dev] my redhat9, apache2, mod_pubcookie
On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 21:43, Nathan Dors wrote:
> In my initial experiment with mod_pubookie and Apache2 on a RedHat 9
> system, using standard RedHat 9 rpm's, I was able to:
> * build and run keyclient with success
> * build mod_pubcoookie.so target
> * add LoadModule directive for mod_pubcookie
> * run 'apachectl configtest' with mod_pubcookie
> * run 'apachectl start' with mod_pubcookie
> However, it resulted in a segmentation fault when I made a request to a
> pubcookie protected resource. Bummer.
Have you tried to set 'PubcookieAppID'? My Apache does crash, whenever
mod_pubcookie attempts to auto-detect the AppID from the current request
URI. I had still no time to look at this. I added a 'PubcookieAppID
main' to my .htaccess to bypass the problem.
Abother reason for a segmentation fault could be libpubccokie.a. Both
mod_pubcookie and the standalone programs do link against
libpubccokie.a, but the library is build only once, sometimes with
-DAPACHE, sometimes without (depending on your configure flags).
mod_pubcookie will crash if you link against libpubcokie.a compiled
without -DAPACHE, the standalone programs otherwise.
I use the following workaround:
# configure --enable-apache --with-apxs=/.../bin/apxs
# make apache_module
# make install-apache
# make distclean
# ./configure --disable-apache --enable-login
# make install-login
Problem is within the header file pbc_config.h, where pbc_malloc is
# define pbc_malloc(p, x) ap_palloc(p, x)
# define pbc_malloc(p, x) apr_palloc(p, x)
# define pbc_malloc(p, x) malloc(x)
> If anyone's curious, here's what I did to get that far.
> First, since apr-config and apu-config are required by the current
> apache2-mod_pubcookie build process, and neither is provided by either of
> the httpd or httpd-devel rpm's for RH9, I located a copy of these scripts
> in the subversion-devel rpm and installed it (along with the subversion
> rpm, which is a dependency).
Both scripts as well as the libray are usually installed when you build
apache2 from source. On Debian, the library comes as a seperate package,
However, I think when we solve the pbc_config.h problem, we would not
need to link the standalone programs against libarp/libapu at all, thus
avoiding the additional dependency on apr-config.
pubcookie-dev mailing list
pubcookie-dev at u.washington.edu
More information about the pubcookie-dev