[Soasiastudents] 2010 Library Research Award for Undergraduates
dbaner at u.washington.edu
Wed Jun 16 16:53:57 PDT 2010
*Subject: 2010 Library Research Award for Undergraduates Winners
UW Libraries awarded 10 grand prize winners and 4 honorable mentions for
their outstanding information research skills this year. Please join us in
congratulating our students.
WINNERS- SENIOR THESIS
- Reed Buchanan (History), "Hydrologic Regimes: Notions of Flooding in
the Puyallup River Valley"
- Lukas McKinley (International Studies), "Yes to Polenta! No to
Couscous!: Constructed Identities and Contested Boundaries Between Local and
Global in Northern Italy’s Gastronomic Landscape"
- Laura Pierson (International Studies, Spanish), "Kings of Bachata:
Aventura, Migration and Dominican Nationalism in a Transnational Context"
- Garrett Strain (Economics, International Studies, Mathematics),
"Neighborhood and Nation in Neoliberal Times; Urban Upheaval, Resistance,
and National Identity in Buenos Aires, Argentina"
WINNERS- SENIOR NON-THESIS
- Jaime Barker (History, Political Science), "Yellowstone: Consuming
- Katie Schmidt (Political Science, Communication: Journalism), "Global
Warming Policy in the United States: A Climate of Confusion"
- Roderick Yang (Biology, History), "Invention to Nutrition"
- Gennie Gebhart (Honors), "Convinced by Comparison: Lutheran Doctrine
and Neoplatonic Conviction in Kepler’s Theory of Light"
- Ana Lottis (International Studies), "The Sourmetal Smell: A Study of
Structural Violence in Brazil"
- Jennifer Robinson-Jahns (Community, Environment, and Planning),
"Rainier Brewery: Landmark of Our Industrial History"
- Alison Bilow (History, Anthropology), "The Bantu World and the Star:
Domestic Servants and Racial Respectability in the 1930’s South African
- Andrew Schwartz (Biology), "Memories Inked, A History Remembered:
Salvadoran Immigrant Gang Tattoos in Los Angeles"
- Gordon Waite (International Studies), "Evolution of Dialogue in Early
- Monika Fischer (Comparative Literature, Comparative History of Ideas),
"Orchid Nutrition and Development with Mycorrhizae"
Student photos, project details, and program criteria are available on the UW
Libraries' Web site <http://guides.lib.washington.edu/researchaward>.
South Asian Studies Librarian
Reference and Research Services
University of Washington Libraries
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Soasiastudents